Restrictions on Use
You acknowledge and agree that except as otherwise authorized under this Agreement or otherwise specified in writing between the parties:
- You shall not license, sublicense, sell, resell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any rights to, or commercially exploit, any information, documents, software, products, or services contained or made available to you through the Website, including, without limitation, any financial data, market data, and business information as well as any text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, information, data, photographs, graphs, videos, typefaces, graphics, music, sounds, and other material available through the Website (the “Content”);
- You shall not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute the Content in any way;
- You shall not modify, translate, alter, adapt, decompile, disassemble (except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction), reproduce, distribute or display, or create derivative works, compilations, or collective works based on the Content;
- You shall not knowingly or negligently permit other individuals or entities to use or copy the Content, or create Internet “links” to the Content or “frame” or “mirror” the Content on any other server or wireless or Internet-based device;
- You shall not access or use the Content for any reason, including without limitation, in order to (a) build a competitive product or service, (b) build a product using similar ideas, features, functions, or graphics of the Content, or (c) copy any ideas, features, functions, or graphics of the Content, (d) monitor the Website’s availability, performance or functionality;
- You shall not attempt to use or gain unauthorized access to data, accounts, hosts, systems, or E2 Energy’s networks or any of its other investors; breach the security of another user or system, or attempt to circumvent the user authentication or security of any host, network, or account, including, without limitation, accessing data not intended for you or logging into or making use of a server or account you are not expressly authorized to access;
- You shall not attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system, account, or E2 Energy’s network or any of its investors;
- You shall not interfere, or any attempt to interfere, with service to any user, host, or network including, without limitation, mail-bombing, flooding, and attempting to deliberately overload the system or distribute programs that “crack,” or make unauthorized changes to, the software;
- You shall not forge any TCP-IP packet header or any part of any header information, falsify, alter or remove address information or other modification of e-mail headers; collect responses from unsolicited bulk messages, falsify references to E2 Energy, by name or other identifier, in messages; impersonate any person or entity, engage in sender address falsification, forge anyone else’s digital or manual signature, or perform any other similar fraudulent activity;
- You shall not restrict, inhibit, or otherwise interfere with the ability of any other person, regardless of intent, purpose, or knowledge, to use or enjoy the Website, including, without limitation, posting or transmitting any information or software which contains a worm, virus, or other harmful feature, or generating levels of traffic sufficient to impede others’ ability to use, send, or retrieve information;
- You shall not restrict, inhibit, interfere with, or otherwise disrupt or cause a performance degradation, regardless of intent, purpose or knowledge, to the Website, host, server, backbone network, node or service; and
- You shall not create or use any program, tags, markers, bots, mousetraps, highjackers or other similar computer routines or sub-routines to automatically access or manipulate the Website.
All Content included on this Website is the property of E2 Energy or its content suppliers and is protected by copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights and these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media and technologies existing now or hereinafter developed. All such content is copyrighted as a collective work under the U.S. copyright laws (17 U.S.C. Section 101, et. seq.) and international treaty provisions, and E2 Energy owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of such content. You may not modify, remove, delete, augment, add to, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit any of the content on this Website, in whole or in part. Any use other than as contemplated herein, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or performance, of the content on this Website, except as specifically permitted below, is strictly prohibited. All marks, names, and logos mentioned on this Website are the property of their respective owners. Your use of such trademarks is strictly prohibited.
E2 Energy grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable personal license to access, display, and copy the Content on this Website for personal, non-commercial use only, subject to the requirements set forth in this Agreement. This license is conditioned on your continued compliance with the terms and conditions in this Agreement. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly agree that use of this Website is at your sole risk. Neither E2 Energy, nor its affiliates, nor any of their officers, directors or employees, agents, third-party content providers, merchants, sponsors or licensors (collectively, “Providers”), warrant that this Website will be uninterrupted or error-free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of this Website, or as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, security, or currency of the Content. The Content may contain errors, omissions, inaccuracies, or outdated information. Further, E2 Energy does not warrant reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed or distributed through this Website. E2 Energy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of this Website. E2 Energy may make any other changes to this Website, the Content, and the products, programs, services, or prices (if any) described in this Website at any time without notice.
THIS WEBSITE AND THE INFORMATION, CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE, ARE PROVIDED BY E2 ENERGY ON AN “AS IS,” “WHERE IS,” AND “WHERE AVAILABLE” BASIS. E2 ENERGY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE, THE CONTENT, OR THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. E2 ENERGY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND, WITH RESPECT TO ANY OF THE CONTENT OR INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED OR DISPLAYED ON THIS WEBSITE OR YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE GENERALLY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND NON-INTERFERENCE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED OR OTHER WARRANTIES SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT SUCH JURISDICTION’S LAW IS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
Limitation of Liabilities
YOU AGREE THAT E2 ENERGY AND ITS PROVIDERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS, OR EXPENSE OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM YOUR POSSESSION OR USE OF THE CONTENT OR INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY IS BASED IN TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE. IN NO EVENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION A NEGLIGENT ACT, SHALL E2 ENERGY OR ANY OF ITS PROVIDERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS), ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE CONTENT OR INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION OFFERED, SOLD, OR DISPLAYED ON THIS WEBSITE, YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEBSITE GENERALLY, OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER E2 ENERGY OR ANY OF ITS PROVIDERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY EVEN IF THE REMEDIES FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE AND THAT WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS, YOU WOULD PAY A HIGHER FEE FOR THE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Representations and Warranties
By using this Website, you represent and warrant that (i) you understand and agree that this Agreement is a legally binding agreement and the equivalent of a signed, written contract; (ii) you will use this Website in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations and in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement; (iii) you are authorized to sign for and bind any entity for whom you are acting a representative or other agent; (iv) you will not impersonate any person or entity, misrepresent any affiliation with another person, entity, or association, use false headers or otherwise conceal your identity from E2 Energy for any purpose.
This Website may contain general information relating to various investments and financial matters. Such information is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for advice provided by a qualified financial or tax professional. It can be difficult to assess or obtain reliable information on investments and their value. You acknowledge and agree that information about current values or past performance is no indicator of future values or performance.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless E2 Energy, its affiliates, agents, employees and licensors from and against any and all claims and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fee, arising out of or related in any way to your use of this Website, violation of this Agreement, violation of any law or regulation or violation of any proprietary or privacy right.
Any dispute relating in any way to your use of this Website shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in Houston, Texas, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate E2 Energy’s intellectual property rights, E2 Energy may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any court, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such court. Arbitration under this Agreement shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under this Agreement shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Agreement, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
Term and Termination
Without limiting its other remedies, E2 Energy may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend, or terminate the license granted under this Agreement if you fail to comply with any term or condition of this Agreement. Upon such violation, you agree to terminate access to this Website.
Choice of Law
This Website is controlled, operated and administered by E2 Energy from its offices within the United States of America. E2 Energy makes no representation that materials at this Website are appropriate or available for use at other locations outside of the United States and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. If you access this Website from locations outside of the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions that direct the application of the laws of a different jurisdiction. This is the case regardless of whether you reside or transact business with E2 Energy in Delaware or elsewhere.
Limitations on Claims
Any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of this Website must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between E2 Energy and you with respect to this Website and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between the customer and E2 Energy with respect to this Website. A printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the Agreement or portion thereof to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the Agreement, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
Modifications to Agreement
E2 Energy may revise this Agreement at any time. Each time you access this Website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement then in effect. It is your responsibility to review this Agreement each time you access this Website. E2 Energy does not and will not assume any obligation to notify you of changes to this Agreement.